The non-invasive Ultherapy® procedure is Health Canada Licensed to lift skin on the neck, on the eyebrow and under the chin as well as to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the neck and décolletage. The most common side effects reported in clinical trials were redness, swelling, pain, and bruising. Reported adverse events from post-marketing surveillance are available in the Instructions for Use (IFU). Please see the IFU for product and safety information, including a full list of these events.
1. Ulthera Instructions For Use.
2. White WM, Makin IRS, Barthe PG, et al. Selective creation of thermal injury zones in the superficial musculoaponeurotic system using intense ultrasound therapy. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2007;9(1):22-29.
3. Data on File, ULT-132.
4. Laubach HJ, Makin IR, Barthe PG, et al. Intense focused ultrasound: evaluation of a new treatment modality for precise microcoagulation within the skin. Dermatol Surg. 2008;34(5):727-734.
5. Data on File, ULT-300.
6. Dobke MK, Hitchcock T, Misell L, Sasaki OH. Tissue Restructuring by Energy-Based Surgical Tools, Clin Plastic Surg. 2012:39:399-408.
7. Rittie L, Fisher GJ. Natural and sun-induced aging of human skin. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2015;5(1):a015370.
8. MacGregor JL, Tanzi EL. Microfocused ultrasound for skin tightening. Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2013;32:18-25.
Fabi SG, Goldman MP, Dayan SH, et al. A prospective multicenter pilot study of the safety and efficacy of microfocused ultrasound with visualization for improving lines and wrinkles of the décolleté. Dermatol Surg. 2015;41(3):327-335. SH, et al.
9: realself.com/ultherapy; Jan 13, 2019
10. Werschler WP, Werschler PS. Long-term efficacy of micro-focused ultrasound with visualization for lifting and tightening lax facial and neck skin using a customized vectoring treatment method. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2016;9(2):27-33.
Baumann L, Zelickson B. Evaluation of Micro-Focused Ultrasound for Lifting and Tightening Neck Laxity. J Drugs Dermatol. 2016;15(5):607-614.
The CellfinaTM System is Health Canada licensed with the intended use for long-term reduction of cellulite, up to three years, by precise release of targeted structural tissue (fibrous septae). The most common side effects reported were soreness, tenderness and bruising. The CellfinaTM System is only available through a licensed physician. Talk to your doctor to see if Cellfina is right for you and for full safety information.
References: 1: Cellfina Indications for Use, March 2017; 2: Kaminer et al. A Multicentre Pivotal Study to Evaluate Tissue Stabalized-Guided Subcision using the Cellfina Device for the Treatment of Cellulite with 3-Year Follow-Up. Dermatol Surg 2017;0:1-9; 3: Date on file
Copyright© 2019 Merz Pharma Canada Ltd. All rights reserved. MERZ AESTHETICS, MERZ AESTHETICS logo, Cellfina®, Ulthera®, Ultherapy®, SEE THE BEAUTY OF SOUNDTM NEOCUTIS®, RADIESSE®, XEOMIN®,Xeomin Cosmetic® and BELOTERO® are a registered trademarks of their respective owners.